Making money with money getting harder every day

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 Francisco Carneiro 0 Comments


Making money with money getting harder every day

Recent Bill Gross Tweet, Bill Gross is the Bond King

PS I don’t agree with Gross. Making money with a job is even harder (Labour is mostly a commodity with excess supply on almost every profession). Making money in deposits & Bonds is almost impossible and you can even lose. However you cam make money doing other different things.

What do I do? I am a professional investor, i run money in BPI since 1988, but I don’t trade on my own account. I buy mostly BPI funds.

What kind of Funds do i buy? Normaly I don't buy sector or very specific funds like the China Fund. In these kind of funds I must be on top of my investments, because the China fund is going to move up if China goes up and down if China corrects. So if I buy the China fund I must time the market.

I just buy funds where the managers can change and change often. I want a manager that trades for me. This are the king of funds that I want. The mandate must be wide and the manager must adapt and change. 

It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change

0 comentários: