Finished my first race of the season

Monday, April 15, 2013 Francisco Carneiro 0 Comments

I raced the Ultra marathon of Serpa Saturday

Finished 35th among some 300 finishers, best time ever, 7h14 (previous best 7h33). Burned some 5000 calories. My average pulse was 150, i spent the first 3 hours above 160.

the course was 165 k with some 2800 mts of climbs. Not technical at all.

I started fast with second group. felt ok until km 91 where i stop to refill the camel back with water. I only stopped 2 minutes at this check point in all the race to refill and took 1 banana. I pee while traversing a small river without stopping!

I ate only seeds, dates, figs & almonds. Ate some electrolytes every hour to prevent cramps.

Unfortunately after km 91 i started to have small cramps in the back of my stronger leg (right), i became a bit alarmed because i still had some 80 k in front of me!

I cruised to the finish line. I know i can do more. i will do more.

what was the problem? After thinking a bit, Sunday i spend some time in my Garage and checked the distance between the saddle and the pedals in my new bike. And it turns out 97 cm vs 96 in my oldest bike. This difference made all the race very uncomfortable. If it wasn't the help of my friend João Miguel Garcia, who finished 34th i would probably would slowly cruised until the finish line. I thank him for the help, we rode together for almost 7 hours.

I know i can do better than this.

Final board

http://www.srp160.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=7&Itemid=269&lang=pt&pagina=2

At the Start


0 comentários: