First race of the season

Friday, April 12, 2013 Francisco Carneiro 0 Comments



SRP160

Serpa Portugal 165 km mountain Bike Ultra marathon
start at 8 am Saturday 13th
My plan is to dinner at home at 7 pm and then drive to Serpa for 3 hours
After the briefing i am planning to be in the Hotel in bed at mid night after checking the bike
Wake up at 5 to eat a proper meal
back to bed a bit more, 
leave for the start very early because i want to start from the front. (More than 500 people)
I feel ok despite having eaten a very ripe banana that din't me too good this morning!
The course is not hilly at all 
Accumulated climbs 2,590 meters
There is food at km 23, 60, 89, 115 and 148
I plan to travel light and with summer gear (no coats, no wind breaker)

I will post the results Monday.

here is a Pic with my too good friends João Garcia and Cristovão Mesquita. With 165 km after the first hour you don't see a lot of people (i take my radio and listen to music all the way). This year they finished in the top 10.







0 comentários: