TransPortugal day 2

Sunday, May 05, 2013 Francisco Carneiro 1 Comments

This was a 110 k with 2000 mts of climbs from Freixo in the North of Portugal to Guarda below the Douro river. We are moving south until Sagres.

I started strongly. At km 15 we do and old Roman road, the most challenging problem of all the race! It's 1 km of steep steps with a big fall on the right! The steps are uneven and very rotten. I was able to do it on the saddle for the first time.

At the middle of the stage i started to be passed by faster riders, at km 75 i was on the 14h place. After refilling my Camelback with fresh water and eating some bars i felt better and i passed some of the guys that had taken me in the middle of the stage.

Leson of the day: don't save water, drink a lot.

Finish 7th at the sprint.

Not a bad day after all!

Now i will do massage and ice. I need a fresh pair of legs tomorrow.

If you want to follow the race you can do it online

Www.trans-portugal.com





1 comment: