Throwing in the towel for the first time!

Monday, June 17, 2013 Francisco Carneiro 0 Comments

Saturday i had to quit a race for the first time.
It was the EOX 240 Mountain Bike Ultra marathon.
Last year i did 3rd
This year at Km 180, after 8 hours of racing i was in the lead with some 4 guys close to me at 30 or 40 seconds. I was alone in the front and happy!
One branch entered my back wheel and i broke some spokes and the Derailleur was damaged.
I could put the bike in single speed (it would take some 30 minutes to do that) but it would be very difficult to conclude the race! Still some 60 k to go!
bad luck it was not my day.
I just checked my Garmin and i averaged some 155 beats per minute and spent  1 hour above 160 heart beats per minute.
It was a good effort for nothing
Hope there is a next time!


This is a pic while i waited for the truck to pick me up.
















































At km 60 before Serpa, the front group got smaller and smaller.





0 comentários: