I am heading to NY today. I will put some weight now.

Monday, July 04, 2016 Francisco Carneiro 1 Comments

 I finished my 4th EOX on saturday.

It's a Ultramarathon on Mountain Bike. The best riders finish in 10 hours!

I did 4th in my first EOX , 3rd, 9th and Saturday 9th overall again.

This year they created a Masters class with more than 45 years and i got a 2nd place prize!

11 hours on the bike.

The start was at 6 am in Spain. I woke up at 4.15 am shower, eat some sereals with juice and one coffee in my room (the Hotel Breakfast was closed) and my brother drove me to the start line

There were some 100 riders at the start line. Some of them were clearly out of my league! Bruno Rosa one of the best in Portugal was there and he ended up winning the race.

The start was too fast for me so i settled my pace and after several hours started to gain some places. After the 5th hour i was in a group of 7 feeling great. there were 5 riders at the front of us and then our group. unfortunately i got a flat tire and had to stop and repair. I lost 4 minutes and i lost the group. After that i rode alone for some 3 ou 4 hours and then got company. in the end i finish 9th arriving with Nuno Marques from Barcelos in the north of Portugal who is much better than me but was feeling bad.

it was a good day. temperatures of more than 35 celsius the only thing that i kept thinking was cold water. If it's true 

i am very happy! 

I





1 comment: