If you live in a big city, work like crazy! It works...............

Wednesday, October 14, 2015 Francisco Carneiro 0 Comments

From FT Simon Kuper


I was driven out of London by house prices years before that became fashionable. My last residence was a rented shared slum above an off-licence in Marylebone. When the landlord threatened to tear it down in 2001, I faced the great London question: do I spend a fortune I don’t have on a grotty little flat and devote my life to servicing the mortgage? Instead I got on a Eurostar train, and three days later bought a nice flat in central Paris for £60,000…………………….


Paris is aiming for a feat that may be impossible: to be a great global city, but one whose citizens do not live in service to their mortgages. London is both a role model and a warning.



In Big cities where its "easy" (it is never easy) to make money usually its very expensive to rent a flat or to send kids to school. Perhaps that is the reason why if you live in NY or London it makes sense to work 14 hours a day 6 days a week. You have to make it fast, save and go back to a decent place to live. 

What's the point to work like a dog just to pay the rent?

If you live in a big city, work like crazy! It works...............



0 comentários: