The view from my NY room

Monday, July 11, 2016 Francisco Carneiro 0 Comments

I spent last week in NY visiting HF



1. Mid town is changing slowly. Only shops that cater to tourists survive. Barnes &Noble closed in Rockefeller center and in Citigroup building. Toys r us & Fao Schwartz also closed. Prada, Michael Kors etc... are opening more & more shops. Difficult to buy a toy for my boy.



2. Restaurants are very expensive, i went to LAVO a very nice restaurant ( i believe  it's in 58th street) and without wine (cheapest was USD 70) and desert we paid USD 300 for 3! For us Europeans the price we see in the menu is not what we are going to pay because we have to add tax & service! 



3. Many of the funds i visit are a bit negative about the economy and the stock market. I took this as a bullish sign (S&P is doing all time highs). We are in a Bull market and in a bull market we have to wait and sit still.



4. Quant is doing great all the rest is struggling a bit. To me Quant is discipline and like all in life if you have discipline you will do well in the long run.



5. the move to Organic is unstoppable. There was a big queue in the Fresh & Co chain. impossible to eat there.



6. Don't have breakfast in a NY Hotel it's very expensive USD 40 and they add tax & service which is a steal. you can go to Whole Foods and have a top breakfast.

the view from my room




7. I have walked some 17k every day in NY. it's a wonderfull city just to walk from meeting to meeting.

8.Next time i will be in NY i will try Soul Cycle Gym. They look cool.
9.I bought a ticket to Mega Millions (lump sum 508 Million less taxes I guess) ! If I win I will buy a new mountain bike and a Horse.

0 comentários: