Holidays in the Mountains

Monday, August 26, 2013 Francisco Carneiro 1 Comments

Just finished my summer holidays. This year i spent all my time in the mountains (Estrela and Minho/Gerês) with my kids. In the Mountains everything is cheap, there is no fog in the morning and almost no wind! It's different from the beach. All the nights are warm and we can look at the stars because there is almost no light. The rivers where we swim were so clean and cold that we could drink the water where we were swimming. Beautiful places but very difficult to make money there. Unfortunately it's impossible to make a living there. One must work in a big city  to make money and eventually take some time off to spend there. (i guess the winters should be difficult ....).



My 2 Boys, (Manuel and Vasco) in the highest mountain in Portugal, a bull in Gerês and me and my bike.






1 comment: