Just me & Van Gogh

Monday, June 08, 2015 Francisco Carneiro 0 Comments

I spent last week between Washington & London

I fly there with Lufthansa and together with TAP i think it's the best airline that i have flown. I never tried the Asian (Singapore) /Middle east ones.

I stayed in the first JW Marriott near the White House. Decoration with bad taste. No plug in for european power and they don't lend adapters. It cost 20 USD at the shop with no refund. Brakfast was not included. They have a pool but it was full of kids and i mean full, it was some kind of school. 

Every morning i walked to a GYM called Flywheel some 40 min away from the hotel near Dupond Circle to do a 6 am Spinning class. Same concept of Studio Velocity in São Paulo. It's good but in SP they know better how to work with the software. They take everything from you. They make everybody compete with each other and against himself. It's a good product but a bad business. (They lend you shoes , towels and they have people helping you set the bike right, it's a lot of expenses)

I had 3 free hours before my flight back to London. Decided to visit National Gallery of Art. It's free, very few people, you can take pictures and many times you have a room just for you. Just me and Van Gogh! what a difference with London where you pay everything and the rooms are packed.



A lot of older people still at work . Not like in Europe where older people have no place in the workforce. I took a pic of this 2 ladies in the entrance of the Museum. That is not possible in Europe where we send our older people home before they are unable to work.


Worst Lounge ever: United Dulles airport terminal C.

Best rooftop bar ever. Hotel W in Washington.

Cabs are very decent in Washington.






0 comentários: