Some ideas for Friday

Friday, March 31, 2017 Francisco Carneiro 0 Comments

Never trust the advice of a man in difficulties.
Aesop
Greek slave & fable author (620 BC - 560 BC)


What was going on? think about it in terms of cognitive dissonance. if I have put up with a lot to become a member of a group, if I have voluntarily subjected myself to acute embarrassment , I would have to be pretty stupid if the group turned out to be anything less than wonderful.
To protect my self-esteem I will want to convince myself that the group is pretty damn good. Hence the necessity to talk it up, to reframe my perceptions in a positive direction.
Mathew Syed

Honesty pays, but it doesn't seem to pay enough to suit some people.
Kin Hubbard
(1868 - 1930)  

The trouble with jogging is that, by the time you realize you're not in shape for it, it's too far to walk back.


No one has ever had an idea in a dress suit.
Sir Frederick G. Banting
Canadian physician & physiologist (1891 - 1941)  



Have a great weekend
@carneirao101

0 comentários: