Early days but...............

Tuesday, April 11, 2017 Francisco Carneiro 1 Comments

Did well last Saturday in Serpa
SRP 166 km, Mountainbike
7h32 min, 20th overall and 3rd in Masters 50
wake at 4 am in Lisbon
walked the dog
eat some breakfast
drove 2 hours to Serpa
Fill the car tank because i was early and bought a pack of ice
dress and warm up at 7.15 am
put ice in the camelbak & my Maltodextrin (I didn't eat anything during the race)
i started from the 2nd line of 211 riders
i felt very well, i went with the second group with no apparent effort
my pulse was above 170 which is too much but i was feeling well. I stayed above 170 for 3 hours
No one was passing me and i didn't pass anyone!
at km 121 My friend Filipe reached me and passed me
i cruse to the finish line without Bonking, i passed one or two until the finish line
my best participation ever 20th overhall
i finished with some decent guys very thin and looking like true cyclists
sometimes i finish with some fat people that make me wonder how they do it. Not this time. i finish with decent cyclists
Feeling very good for the beginning of the season
I was in a rush do get back to Lisbon so they did a podium picture just for me





1 comment: