Transportugal race 2018

Tuesday, May 15, 2018 Francisco Carneiro 0 Comments

This year I finished 8th with an average speed of 21,3 km/h (best ever for me)
i raced for 42 hours
The winner Pedro Simas from my team made 37 hours for the 906 km mostly off road
this year i wasn't so skinny but i felt strong. i started with 76 kg and in 2012 i started with 70kg.(Froome weight is  69kg)
The year i can be strong & skinny i will win!
no flu 
no gastric problems
I started with a lower back injury (From the Pilates class) that plagued the first two stages. after that i took big pain killers and no more pain. 
i broke one wheel spoke before the start of the first stage (warming up) and two spokes at the 7th stage. i was lucky both times the wheel keep working more or less ok
I am a very good endurance machine but i am losing peak speed
on stage 5th below i did 3rd place. My best stage ever. It was the longest stage of this year race with 188k. This shows that i can do well in Ultra long races but i have no chance with faster riders in short distances. on this stage i was alone most of the distance just pedaling steady. I ended up in 3rd i put some time in my competitors.
How can i do better without training long hours ? I will let that to my coach Nuno Sabido.
The top guys in the classification ride daily and i can't do that. sometimes i can do some spinning at night before going to bed. but i can't and hopefully i won't ride outside daily like a professional. only if i stopped working and i don't want that.
what is the solution to ride fast without ultra long hours of training?
I race with a hard tail bike. i have to figure out if the lower back pain would disappear with a suspension bike (1 kg more). All the winners of Transportugal rode with hardtail, no one with suspension ever won this race.

i am happy to take advice







Image result for transportugal 2018

0 comentários: