WHAT GETS MEASURED GETS DONE

Tuesday, August 13, 2019 Francisco 0 Comments

Tom peters says this in his blog


Both of my books, In Search of Excellence and A Passion
for Excellence,
are said to have placed renewed emphasis on the
qualitative aspects of business -- for example, on people,
customer satisfaction, nurturing of unruly champions and managing
by wandering around.

While that comment is true, I retain strong vestiges of my
engineering training from 25 years ago and admit to being a
closet quantifier. I think the soundest management advice I've
heard is the old saw; "What gets measured gets done."
when i want to lose some weight it's easy if i put myself everyday in a scales that measures weight and % fat i start to lose weight. It's simple either i stop measuring and give up or if i keep track of results in a paper i get better. I might slip one day or the other but after some time things start happening. Why? because i don't like to lose. I want to win in everything to get better to improve to feel better. I think everybody is like this.

start measuring the right things and the results will come


0 comentários: