Mozambique

Tuesday, January 25, 2022 Francisco 0 Comments


I spent 5 days on the beach in Mozambique 

the people are very polite and nice. The country is very poor

It's the 4th time I am in South Africa (Kruger)& Mozambique. It's obvious I like the weather and the people otherwise why go....

I don't know a lot about why Mozambique is so poor but I noticed 5 things

1.They make the life of the tourist difficult. You fight hard to get a visa, you pay USD 100 and they kept my passport in their consulate for 1 month!

2.The airport police ask if I have euros and questions like this , implying that you cannot leave the country with euros in your pocket. I don't like to lie and it's always a problem. Not this time.

3.They don't accept foreign workers on the basis that they are going to steel their jobs. Some countries try to attract the best and brightest and some countries don't want Smart people.

4.No property rights, they gave you a lease of 50 years but even that is not clear 

5.In a previous experience I was stopped on the road and the officer wanted money ! 


There are thing to do in Mozambique, agriculture is possible everything grows with sun & rain. Difficult to ship your produce but possible. If you produce for the local market it's feasible, if you produce something that you don't need to sell fast (cotton etc...) it's better   but the shipping of anything is a mess. 

why go there?

you can fish with your hands and the beach and sea are empty of tourists. The food is really great. The boat arrives and you  can see what you are going to have for lunch. Wine very very expensive that is where the government makes money making life expensive to their citizens.















0 comentários: