He learnt everything there was to learn from his father and mother.

Tuesday, January 30, 2024 Francisco 0 Comments

The message we pass our kids is important. It stays forever


My heroes are and were my parents. I can't see having anyone else as my heroes.

Michael Jordan


From FT , Tobias Buck

 
For the moment, that man is Mr Fainé, the 72-year-old chairman of both Caixabank and the Caixa foundation. The son of illiterate Catalan peasants, Mr Fainé was raised in a house without running water and electricity, and started work aged 13 in a bicycle repair shop. Over the years, he has acquired wealth and status, a corporate box in Barcelona’s elegant Liceu opera house, a taste for golf and powerful allies such as Mexican billionaire Carlos Slim and Telefónica boss César Alierta. Yet Mr Fainé has little in common with the smooth-talking banking elite in Madrid. Deeply religious and a father of eight children, Mr Fainé likes to share folksy anecdotes and salesmen’s wisdoms picked up during his hardscrabble years. He believes in simplicity, and never keeping more than three things in his head at the same time. He taught his parents how to read and write, but says he learnt everything there was to learn from his father and mother.


he learnt everything there was to learn from his father and mother.


My mother said I must always be intolerant of ignorance but understanding of illiteracy. That some people, unable to go to school, were more educated and more intelligent than college professors.

Maya Angelou




My mother said to me, 'If you are a soldier, you will become a general. If you are a monk, you will become the Pope.' Instead, I was a painter, and became Picasso.

Pablo Picasso


0 comentários: