Completely empty !

Sunday, April 22, 2018 Francisco Carneiro 1 Comments

SRP 165

Serpa mountain bike in the rain

2nd in the over 50 years class and 10th overall 

it was a good start of the season

i raced probably a bit over my limit in the first 3 hours (see the graph with the pulse) but i didn't want to miss the group i was in. I reached 170 beat per minute and stayed there a bit to long.In the end as you can see in my pulse i started going down after the 4th hour until the 8th hour at the finish line.

average pulse in the 8 hours was 154! not bad for me

i eat properly on the bike, Hummer Perpetum and water. after the 6th hour i stop at a food station and ate half an orange in 5 seconds! i didn't stop to pee because it was raining big time.

i lost the 2 lighter gears due to water and sand. This happens often to my. I am considering moving to an Eagle perhaps it can stand bad weather better. without the last two gears in the steppest sections i had to dismount and walk. i lost a good group with Nuno caeiro when we reached Paymogo in Spain. he finished 7th overall.

i need to improve my recovery because Sunday i was completely empty and i couldn't move from the coach. In two weeks i am going to try to finish Transportugal and this is a 8 day race with no rest day. I need to pace myself to be able to ride the next day.

I want to thank my coach Nuno Sabido because i never been stronger despite having 3 or 4 kg over my race weight. 





Image result for srp160 partida



1 comment: