We fell asleep in one world, and woke up in another.

Monday, April 20, 2020 Francisco 2 Comments

I loved this poem that a friend from NY sent me! More and more I just want to be in nature and feel the planet.



We fell asleep in one world, and woke up in another.

Disney is out of magic.
Paris is no longer romantic.
New York doesn't mesmerize anymore.
The Chinese wall is no longer a fortress.
Mecca is empty.

Hugs and kisses suddenly become weapons, and not visiting parents, friends becomes an act of love.

Power, influence, and beauty are worthless.
Money can't buy the oxygen you're lungs are gasping for.

The Earth continues her life, and it is beautiful.
She has now put humans in cages, sending us an ominous message:

"You are not necessary.
The air, land, water and sky without you are fine.
If I allow you to return, remember that you are my guests.
Not my masters.

-Sisanda Qwabe-Coutaud


2 comments:

  1. The author of this beautiful poem is Author Haroon Rashid
    His insta: @authorharoonrashid
    He is from Jammu and Kashmir, India

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is written by Author Haroon Rashid
    Insta: @authorharoonrashid

    Kindly update

    ReplyDelete