Winners lose more often than losers

Monday, May 24, 2021 Francisco 0 Comments

 I agree with this but up to a point

I think if you want to be prefect never fail you are a looser in the long run. In my 35 years of career people who want to do everything perfect do very little.

Just do it is better than only do if you are 100% sure

what I am a great believer is to be like Barbara Streisand. she buys many stocks, if they do well she waits like Starbucks, Ebay & Amazon bought before 2000 , if they go down she sells.

If you are not prepared to have a lot of small losses you will never have huge profits.

give it a try.

In our recommended portfolios we have 3 companies that are up more than 100% in one year. I would love to be like Barbara Streisand and have some names up 400% or 700% after a few years.

If I have a big winner , up 400% or 500% I might have 20 names down 15% and still be up big.

Small losses are good, big losses are a disgrace. I want to be like Barbara Streisand

"I can't stand to see red in my profit-or-loss column. I'm Taurus the bull, so I react to red. If I see red, I sell my stocks quickly."

Barbra Streisand's Latest Role: Stock Picker "IF I SEE RED, I SELL QUICKLY"
By Jeanne Lee

(FORTUNE Magazine) – So Barbra Streisand was talking with her good friend Donna Karan on the phone last fall, and she told Karan she'd made $130,000 on eBay stock in just one month. Karan was duly impressed. As Streisand tells it, "She said, 'Oh, can you do that for me? I'll give you a million dollars to invest for me.' And I said, 'You're crazy, why would you do that?' She said, 'Well, it sounds like you're making so much money, so do it for me.' So I said, 'I'll do it if you're willing to lose it. Are you willing to lose a million dollars? That's the only way I'm willing to do this.'"

At the outset it looked as if the famed designer would indeed take a big loss. "The first day I bought eBay and Amazon, and they dropped like 20 points each, at least," Streisand recalled recently in an exclusive interview with FORTUNE. "I couldn't even call her, because I was heartsick. I was having heart palpitations.... So I waited till the stock went back up, when I could call her again, and then I said, 'I don't think I can do this'...yet I was fascinated to try." The result was stunning: After five months of intense trading, Streisand managed to nearly double her friend's stake, to $1.8 million.


0 comentários: