I'm a man of extremes

Thursday, October 04, 2012 Francisco Carneiro 0 Comments

Here's the thing: I'am a man of extremes. I can't just have one drink. I'm either bone dry or I binge until I wake up in a hotel room in Vegas without any idea how i got there. I'm crawling out of bed at 4:45 am to swim laps in a pool- as i did throughout my teens- or i'm pounding Big macs on the couch. I can't just have one cup of coffee. It has to be a Venti, laced with two to five extra shots of espresso, just for fun. To this day "balance" remains my final frontier, a fickle lover i continue to pursue despite her lack of interest. Knowing this about myself, and harnessing the tool's I'd developed in recovery, I understood that any true or lasting lifestyle change would require rigor, specificity, and accountability. vague notions of "eating better" or maybe "going to the gym more often" just weren't going to work. I needed an urgent and strigent plan. I needed to draw a firm line in the sand.

A Line in the Sand,  Rich Roll

0 comentários: