Retail Destruction

Wednesday, May 20, 2020 Francisco 0 Comments


Before COVID, some retail was already in bad shape. People don't spend enough there is a demand problem in the world because the people who have money don't need to buy more things and the people who want to spend don't have money.

Most of retail deserves to die because the service and the advice you get from a salesperson in a shop is biased and unprofessional.

when I buy online i read the comments of people who already bought the product and I make no mistakes.

I guess to buy vegetables and fish it's better to see for yourself but that also can change. If a vendor makes sure you get first class vegetables I would also skip the trip to the shop.

I like to go to my bike shop where the owner is an ex Cycling pro and I learn a bit every time I go there. Perhaps this kind of shop will survive.

when autonomous vehicles are a reality and it will happen the costs to deliver to your door would be minimal. Amazon would pack 6 boxes in the trunk and do a tour sending a text message to client. 

I can see a future with less retail. The way to play this. short Commercial real estate.





Image






0 comentários: