There are two theories in hiring people!

Tuesday, March 16, 2021 Francisco 0 Comments

 There are two theories in hiring people

1.Find the candidate who lacks major weakness (but doesn't have major strengths )

2.Find a candidate who has major strengths ( even though he has major weaknesses)

.................High achievers tend to have major weaknesses. people without major weaknesses tend to be mediocre.

Guy Kawasaki


“Acquiring the right talent is the most important key to growth. Hiring was - and still is - the most important thing we do.”

- Marc Bennioff, Founder, Chairman and co-CEO of Salesforce

I don't have a rule like Guy Kawasaki , I think it's difficult to access if anyone is good and where he/she is good. So what do I do?  (I hired more than 50 people in my life and done more than 500 interviews) 

I believe in Frank Sinatra song

If I can make it there, I'll make it anywhere

I hire people that have done well in their life in anything, in sports, in the scouts, having a summer job, winning small competitions etc... a winner or a competitive person will do well anywhere. I pay some attention to the quant scores and not so much to the interview. In fact I read that the interview most of the times is worth zero or even negative. (no surprise here)


0 comentários: